Major Research Achievements
Major Research Achievements Of 2013
(2) Evaluation of the present situation and regionalization of geothermal resources of China: A regionalization scheme of adoptability for the development and utilization of shallow geothermal energy
Map showing the geological environment for groundwater exploitation and utilization in Asia
was conducted. Consequently, favorable regions of exploration for hot dry rock resources of China
were located and comprehensive assessment methods for geothermal resources in different types of sedimentary basins were proposed.
(3) Geological investigation of hydrogeological environments of the major energy bases: Over 20 prospective water supply places were determined in five energy bases, and 39 drilling holes were completed for both water exploration and exploitation with the total water yield of 33600 m3 /d, so that the water shortage of mining districts could be well alleviated. Three Tertiary sandstone fissure water wells were successfully dug beneath perennial frost layers.
(4) Investigation and assessment of groundwater pollution in western-central China: Realtime monitoring-controlling and management system of test quality of groundwater samples was independently developed and the simulation platform MODFLOW/MT3DMS was built, which acquired 2013 ANNUAL REPORT an independent intellectual properties right.
(5) Investigation and assessment of geological environment of city swarms in the ZhongyuanSouth-Central Hebei area: Detailed classification of Quaternary strata in Zhengzhou and Kaifeng cities was carried out for the first time. Water-rich places and reserve groundwater sources in Luoyang City were located. A related database and 3D visualization system were developed and the assessment method of geological adoptability in utilizing underground space was created.
(6) Evolution Mechanism and Control of Groundwater in the North China Plain: Under the auspices of Project 973 (National Program in Science and Technology), the research group reconstructed the evolution characteristics of the hydrodynamic field in the North China Plain during the past 60 years, identified the response of the hydrodynamic field to human activities and natural variations; critical identifying indicators of groundwater crisis were built, and control measures for easing crisis of groundwater in the North China Plain were proposed, which provided significant scientific and technological supports for alleviating water resources shortage in the North China Plain.
(7) Study of the Strategy for development and utilization of geothermal resources of China: This is a major consulting project of the Chinese Academy of Engineering. As a result of the research project, high-temperature geothermal regions (fields) which are prospective in development and utilization were located initially and geothermal distribution and patterns of heat reservoirs of all key geothermal regions (fields) were analyzed. The project set up the fundamental base for further research regarding the scales and prospective layouts of geothermal power generation.
(8) Groundwater recharge technique and demonstration in typical regions in the North China Plain: This is a special public professional project of the CGS. This research project built a basic highefficiency groundwater recharge system, designed a 3D groundwater recharge model and established a demonstration project of groundwater recharge.