Major Research Projects
The SinoProbe Program is the Chinese government-funded earth science program with the overall aim of exploring exploring program with the...[ MORE ]
China has succeeded in the trial exploration of natural gas hydrates in the Shenhu waters of the South China Sea, with an average of 16,000 cubic meters of gas with high purity being extracted each day for 8 consecutive days up till May 18, 2017.
On December 11, 2016, Prof. Brian Horsfield, Executive Chairman of the International Continental Scientific Drilling Program (ICDP), visited the SinoProbe Center, CAGS. Prof. Wu Zhenhan, Director-General of the Department of Science, Technology and International Cooperation, China Geological Survey (CGS) and Vice President of CAGS, Prof. Lu Qingtian, Executive Deputy Director o..
2016 Annual Meeting of China National Committee for International Geoscience Program (IGCP) held in Beijing
2016 Annual Meeting of China National Committee for International Geoscience Program (IGCP) was held in Beijing on November 30th, 2016. This meeting is also a handover meeting of the Third and Fourth China National Committees for IGCP. During the meeting, the composition of the Fourth National Committee was formally announced and working plan for the year of 2017 was decided. I..
On November 9, 2016, CAGS celebrated the 60th anniversary of its founding at its headquarters based in Beijing. Leaders and scientists from the Ministry of Land and Resources of China, China Geological Survey, Chinese Academy of Sciences, universities and other academic institutions attended the celebrating ceremony.
On July 27th, 2016, Prof. Reinhard Hüttle, President of German National Academy of Science and Engineering (acatech) and the Scientific Director General of Helmholtz Centre Potsdam-German Research Centre for Geosciences (GFZ) met Prof. Wang Xiaolie, Vice President of Chinese Academy of Geological Sciences (CAGS) at the Academy and made a tour to the Exhibition of SinoProbe.
CAGS Signs MoU with Foreign Universities to Strengthen Cooperation in Geoscience Research and Education
The CAGS delegation, headed by Executive Vice President Prof. Wang Xiaolie, paid an academic visit of to the U.K., Denmark and Spain from 13 June to 22 June 2016, during which bilateral MoU/Agreement was signed respectively between CAGS and the University College London, University of Copenhagen and Complutense University of Madrid to further strengthen bilateral collaboration ..
NEWS & EVENTS···
- [ Aug 28,2015 ]Quantitative temperature records of mid Cretaceous hothouse: Evidence from halite fluid inclusions
- [ Jul 27,2015 ]A large, short-armed, winged dromaeosaurid (Dinosauria: Theropoda) from the Early Cretaceous of China and its implicatio..
- [ Dec 30,2014 ]Experts of Saskatchewan Geological Survey Visits 3D-Geological Mapping Center of the Institute of Geology
- MLR Key Laboratory of Continental Dynamics
- MLR Key Laboratory of Isotope Geology
- MLR Key Laboratory of Stratigraphy and Paleontology
- MLR Key Laboratory of Earthprobe and Geodynamics
- MLR Key Laboratory of Metallogeny and Mineral Resource Assessment
- MLR Key Laboratory of Salt Lake Resources and Environment
- MLR Key Laboratory of Neotectonic Movement and Geohazard
- MLR Key Laboratory of Paleomagnetism and Paleostructure Reconstruction
- MLR Key Laboratory of Eco-geochemistry
- MLR Key Laboratory of Groundwater Science and Engineering
- MLR Key Laboratory of Geochemical Survey Technology
- MLR Key Laboratory of Geophysical Electromagnetic Exploration Technology
- MLR Key Laboratory of Karst Ecosystem and Treatment of Rocky Desertification
- MLR Key Laboratory of Karst Dynamics
- Key Laboratory of In-situ Stress Measurement and Monitoring, CGS
- Key Laboratory of Groundwater Remediation, CGS
- Key Laboratory for Element Microzone and Morphological Analysis, CGS
- Key Laboratory of Geochemical Cycling of Carbon and Mercury in the Earth’s Critical Zone, CGS
- Key Laboratory of Karst Collapse Prevention, CGS
- Key Laboratory of In-situ Stress Measurement and Monitoring, CAGS
- Key Laboratory of Shale Oil and Gas Geological Survey, CAGS
- Key Laboratory of Re-Os Isotope Geochemistry, CAGS
- Key Laboratory for Element Microzone and Morphological Analysis, CAGS
- Key Laboratory of Groundwater Remediation, CAGS
- Key Laboratory of Quaternary Chronology and Environment Evolution, CAGS
- Key Laboratory of Geochemical Cycling of Carbon and Mercury in the Earth’s Critical Zone, CAGS
- Key Laboratory of Karst Collapse Prevention, CAGS
- Key Laboratory of 3D Exploration for Ore District, GAGS & HFUT
- National Geological Mapping Research Center
- Center for Stratigraphy and Paleontology, CGS
- Three-dimensional Geological Survey and Research Center, CGS
- Research Center of Continental Dynamics , CGS
- Geological Research Center on Global Climate Change, CGS
- Research Center on Metallogenic Regularity and Prognosis of Mineral Resources, CGS
- Centre of Deep Exploration, CGS
- Geothermal Survey and Research Center, CGS
- Research Center on Neotectonic and Crust Stability, CGS
- Research Center of Geochemical Survey and Assessment on Land Quality, CGS
- Research Center for GeoAnalysis Standards, CGS